Air Fryer Chicken Wings are really delicious and of course, as they are cooked in your air fryer we don’t need to use oil. They are super tasty and so much healthier than deep fried wings. The most common misconception is that they won’t be crispy when cooked this way but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, they are so crispy that no one will believe that you made these in an air fryer!
These wings can be ready in around 30 minutes and your involvement is pretty minimal. All you need are some chicken wings and your favorite sauce.
These healthy wings will be crispy on the outside but still nice and juicy on the inside. We know cooking wings in the oven can often lead to dry meat but with the air fryer, you don’t get that problem.
- Chicken Wings
- Sauce of your choice
1. Place the chicken wings in your air fryer basket. There is no need to add oil or anything else at this stage.
2. Cook at 380 degrees F for 12 minutes
3. Open the air fryer and turn the wings, cook for a further 13 minutes.
4. Turn the heat up to 400 degrees F and cook for a further 5 minutes to get them nice and crispy.
5. Remove and toss them in your favorite sauce.
Tips for making Air Fried Chicken Wings
- Cooking at a lower temperature for the first 25 minutes allows the fat under the skin to slowly break apart keeping the wings juicy. The last 5 minutes of cooking at high temperature gets the outside nice and crispy without drying the insides.
- There is no baking powder required (or anything else) to get crispy wings when using an air fryer.
- Experiment with sauces! Our favorite is, of course, Buffalo.
- White Smoke? Using an air fryer with fatty foods can cause them to start emitting white smoke. This is not a problem but obviously unpleasant. It happens when the fat splatters the heating element. Turn your air fryer off, open the draw and mop up the excess oil with paper towels before continuing to cook if you get this problem.
- Frozen wings? You can absolutely cook frozen wings in your air fryer. Just cook them for 5 minutes longer at 390 degrees F and increase the final cooking period from 5 to 6 minutes.